At MC Radiation Oncology Center, we treat the whole patient, not just the disease. If you are worried about your insurance and how much of your treatment it will cover, rest assured. We have a team on-staff ready to answer your questions and help you with your insurance paperwork.
In the meantime, we have compiled a list of the most common questions we hear from our patients regarding their insurance coverage.

• Will Medicare cover my treatment?
Yes, if you have Medicare Part B. It covers physician services including many treatment options.
• Do you accept Medicare assignment?
Yes, we accept Medicare assignment, which is the Medicare-approved amount for our services.
• Do I need additional insurance coverage if I have Medicare?
Medicare typically pays 80% of their allowed charge. The patient is responsible for the remaining 20%. Medicare Supplemental insurance – available through many different insurance companies – usually covers the remaining 20%.
• I have a Medicare-HMO. Will it cover my treatment?
We participate in most Medicare-HMO plans. However, the amount covered depends on which HMO plan you have. Our team can help you determine that coverage amount. Or you can ask your insurance company. There should be a Customer Service center number listed on your insurance card.
• Does MC Radiation Oncology accept my insurance plan?
Most likely, yes. We participate in almost all plans. However, if you cannot find us in your plan’s participating provider directory, contact our office or call the Customer Service number on your insurance card.
• Will you submit my insurance claims to my supplemental insurance provider?
Yes, we will be happy to take care of that for you. After your primary insurance provider sends us payment, we will file a supplemental claim on your behalf. Please note that supplemental insurance providers often send the payment to the patient. If we do not receive a payment from them after 60 days, we will assume that they paid you directly and will transfer the balance due to you.
• What if my insurance plan requires a referral or a pre-certification for treatment? How do I get one?
If you are in a plan that requires a referral, then you will need to get one from your Primary Care Physician. Be sure to bring the referral form with you on your first visit. If radiation services need to be pre-certified, our team will obtain the pre-certification for you.
• Will I have a co-pay for each visit?
Every insurance plan has a different co-pay requirement. Our team can help you figure out when you will need to provide a co-pay and how much it will be.